Thursday, February 19, 2009

+Back to Reality...

Yes, it's back to reality for me. I've had quite a week re-acclimating to being mom again. I don't know if it's because we were gone or what, but since we've been home Miss Macie has taken to waking us up 12 times a night for whatever random reason she could think of. Desperate for some shut-eye Matt and I begged, pleaded, screamed, yelled, bargained, threatened and finally after she peed all the way down the hallway on the way to wake us up, yet again, we resulted to locking her in her room and listening to her scream and bang on the door from 2 to 4 am.

Talk about battle of wills! The worst part of all was laying there, listening to her and imagining all the emotional and psychological damage we were inflicting on her for locking her in her room. I ached to rescue her and make it all stop, but she's as stubborn as I am and we knew if we wanted to win the war, we had to fight this battle. After two grueling hours she wore herself out and finally fell asleep. In the morning I crept into her room anxious and worried about how she'd suffered, but I was totally taken back when she cheerfully said, "I'm sorry I woke you and daddy up mommy, but you know how I finally fell asleep? I started thinking about going to Chuck E Cheese!"

Phew! I breathed out a huge sigh of relief knowing that she wouldn't remember those few horrible nights and probably wouldn't need to see a shrink anytime soon. Later that day en route to pre-school, I spied this cold cutie and she made me laugh in spite of my wretched week. (You can't see it in this pic, but she was originally holding a sign that said "Hawaii or Bust!". By the time I was able to snap a pic, someone had come along and knocked it down.)I dropped Macie off and went home to enjoy an afternoon siesta filled with the delicious scent of coconut oil, warm breezes on my face and the sound of ocean waves washing all my cares away....well, for at least an hour or so!


XOXO
Lindsey

P.S.
Chuck E Cheese, here we come!